Saturday, June 27, 2009

Ragnar Relay- Wasatch Back!

Last weekend I ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. Our team ran from Logan to Park City 188 miles total!!! There were 2 vans of 2 people each.Each van takes turn doing legs and then rests for a couple hours, drives up to meet the other can and to take it from there. It was a ton of fun. Emily Florence asked me to be on her team. Then I was able to do it with Jena (my sis) and MaryAnn and Sara (friends from high school) Here are a few pictures from the race. I was runner # 10... which meant I ran around 3 in the afternoon 3.7 miles then I ran again around 3:00 am - 7.9 miles and finally running again in the late morning around 10:00 am the RAGNAR HILL, 4 miles with a 1200 foot climb uphill!!! IT was so freaking hard! I turned to my van after I thought I had been going forever and asked how long... they only told me 1.5. Lets just say I could not believe it! I didn't know how I would survive, but I did! Not only that I had 4 kills on that hill.... 3 girls and 1 boy. :) (A kill means- passing someone) I loved that... although I did have a few speedster men pass me!
Here is our Van excluding my sister Jena and my mom who was the driver! My mom was an awesome driver! She made it a lot of fun.

This is the Ragnar Hill.... At the end. My sister was chanting me on in the rain! Please disregard how I look in any of these! (Remember... this was after 2 other runs in the afternoon and middle of the night!) The rain was POURING DOWN! I rolled up my capris because they were too heavy and hot. My new shoes and legs were covered in mud. Lets just say my new shoes don't look so new even with a trip through the washing machine.

Jena! You go girl! :)
This is on our rest at Snow basin. The whole race absolutely beautiful!!
Some of us girls in our van!

Each team has to pass on a SLAP BRACELET... and take it to the finish line. Here is Jena with her first exchange in the shoot.



So our camera died at the end of the race when we were taking pictures of all 12 of the girls on our team with our matching clothes and medals! So maybe I will have to post one later if someone emails me one. We took tons of pictures on all of our first legs... by then end legs we couldn't think about using the camera! We were going off of 2 hours of sleep max, all summed up together from two little naps. That part is insane! All in all it took our team about 31 hours to finish all 188 miles.

5 comments:

Mink News said...

Nice post, but where is the love for the supportive family (Dave, Collin, Casen, and Gunner) that drove to Park City and waited in the freezing rain for 3 hours while you guys straggled in across the finish line?

Mink News said...

Just kidding. You were awesome honey - not too many stay at home mom's that can get up on any given day and run the Ragnar!

Ashlee said...

My family all did the Wasatch Back as well. They tried to talk me into flying out and running in it but I don't think I could have hacked it pregnant.
You rock for running up that hill!!! I get tired just thinking about it! Good Job Jesse!

Unknown said...

That's awesome, that race is getting pretty popular. I ran the Ragnar the summer before I came to Alabama. That was one of the funnest races I ever ran. The Ragnar and triathlons are my favorite.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

I did the wasatch back too and it was sooooooo fun! Props to you for doing the ragnar hill..so crazy!