Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bear Lake

So my moms family had their "Bear Lake Trip" like they do every summer... and I decided to go. Dave, on the other hand, had to stay home to study for the Bar.
YES... as if you didn't already know (whoever is reading this) Dave is studying for the Bar. OH WOW, is it fun! We exchange a few short sentences in the day, ...sometimes even at lunch... (on my request)... a few more over dinner and he's off, with the blink of an eye, just like that.
Its amazing... And there I am, in my rags, with my pumpkin, 2 mice and glass slippers left to clean up the rest of the kitchen, stop the mice from running around and get them to bed.
Oh... so I was saying... SINCE Dave has been studying for the Bar and the clock has struck midnight for me one too many times these past few weeks, I decided to attempt the Bear Lake camping trip on my own with my two chillens'! I mean what could be worse than your husband studying/working from sun up to sun down?
Try Casen TEETHING at BEAR LAKE while experiencing major attachment issues. The kid was glued to my hip for 3 DAYS straight. He would not let me set him down nor would he dare let anyone else set their paws on him!!! If I had to take a trip up to the bathroom, I could hear him screaming the whole way! When he was sleeping I left on the boat, and I guess he woke up and screamed for over an hour straight. My aunts said they all took turns with him cause they could only hear so much. Other than that....
the trip turned out great!
I got to wake board, water ski (slalom-let me remind you- just to brag), 4 wheel, eat like 4 huge smores, talk around the camp fire, sleep on the hard ground in between the mats that Casen and Collin were on, get a tan, play sand volleyball (kinda), skim board, (well, who am I kidding I tried and fell, its a little too risky for me- when you fall on wet hard sand it hurts!) and be with family. I took a few pics... unfortunately none of me in action behind the boat. ( as if anyone who is reading this really cares... I know)

This is Casen being himself, and my mom being herself. If any of you know my mom, you know she is lots of fun. If you know Casen, then you know he is squirmy and doesn't want you to touch him- except me.

The three amigos
Collin bustin his floatable (I don't think thats a word-but I like it) wet suit
Me and Collin- He was obsessed with the 4 wheelers AND the helmets. Even if he wasn't on a 4 wheeler, he would walk around camp with a helmet on!

My oh so rowdy cousins, to quote my aunt, "they are like a wild pack of wolves when the get together" Now I am the OLDEST girl cousin on my moms side, so I tried to set them all in their place, but they just kicked me out of their territory - told me to go hang out with the moms.
Collin with his uncle Sam.Collin with his GREAT Grandma, the funniest and craziest old lady you've EVER met.
The view.

My hip hugger.
My skim boarder
Collin kept getting stuck out on the hot sand...he'd run out to the 4 wheelers, play on them, sit down and could never make it back through the sand.

Collin and I quote "My girls"


And a few more for the heck of it....

Coleson and Collin showin' a little love.

My cutest ever cousin Shaylee... she adored Casen.I'm not sure what Collin slimed all over his face.


The bike ramp.


This of course is not at Bear Lake. The day before I met my sister at Gateway for a little yummy food and shopping! She just got home from California for the summer and a vacation in Florida. I am super excited about it, her... not quite as much. She says we are hard to hang out with! Shopping is CerAZy with both C's on board.


2 comments:

heidi said...

AAHHAHAH! the dreaded bar. sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it! just pray that dave only has to take one! thomas had taken georgia and missouri and next year he has to take the kansas bar. will i ever get a husband?
and i would love to hear more about your athletic feats! brag away!

Jessica Anderson said...

oh man, i feel your pain. Nixon has been attached to the hip with me since he was BORN!!!! The only person we have been ever able to leave him with and him not scream bloody murder, is when celeste lived with us. Right now, i can't walk out of the same room as him without him screaming at the top of his lungs for me, none the less leave him with a babysitter. Hopefully he grows out of it for your sake, but some babies never do... nixon is living proof (he wouldnt even let doug parents hold him for 2 mins without crying for us when he was only 6 months old!)