Monday, July 21, 2008

Love Summer Love Sweets

So I want to talk about how much I love the summers in Utah. The weather is so great. We just got back from an evening walk, where both my kids fell asleep. (That was the plan) That avoids hours of storybook reading, prayers, teeth brushing, singing, laying and checking in on the chillens till they are out. After our Family Home Evening lessons tonight we decided a walk outside (with the kids locked in the stroller) was our activity. Quick jamies and teeth and we were out. Now, I want to talk about how much I love sweets (mostly chocolate), I think I have an addiction.
I went shopping with my sister and went a little crazy with the stuff I bought. But the best thing was this ginormous bucket of cookie cutters. Baking is Collins new hobby and my new best skill. I had Collin lay out all the cookie cutters he wanted to us on the counter. Finally I had to stop him.

So, as you can see, cutting out the cookies didn't even work. I handed Collin a cup of water to drink... and he poured it in the dough we were making together when I turned my back. I saw him try to sneak it all fast. So I kept trying to add more flour, then more sugar, then more flour, then another egg, then a little butter, and eventually I thought it MAY work. I thought my skills took care of the problem. But I was wrong.
The Silitila family came over and we had so much fun playing with dough and frosting our BLOBS of cooked dough. Then we ate dinner at the park and went for a late night swim together! We love you guys thanks for visiting from AZ!
Yeah, as I was saying at the beginning, lately I have been AWESOME at BAKING!! Look at how professional these cakes below look. I baked them from scatch. I didn't dare show anyone when I made them a week ago, but now I feel is the time to share. I am considering starting Pampered Chef.
*Thought I must confess- the chocolate frosting was really good. I mean really good. But since the cake looked so... so , well you can see, so pretty... I couldn't take it to any neighbors. So unfortunately I just took on a few extra pounds on my gut! I tried to give it to the Whalens and the Rameys when we had FHE together and they REFUSED it!


Swimming at Lisa's House, always lots of fun! Love you Lisa! Collin is always trying to steal Conlis toys, and she is never happy about it. I don't blame her.



Ice Cream eating... couldn't be anything better than eating a real big chocolate ice cream cone on your back porch after a day at the pool. Mine was double stacked, and I downed it much faster than a girl should be allowed to.


I was about to press "Publish Post" and I just thought of this....My birthday is coming up in a little and I think I am going to make a goal, no treats until my birthday. Now, since I wrote this on my blog, I will have to stick to it, or I will feel dumb. Wish me luck. hAPpY sUMmEr TImEs to all!

9 comments:

Jessica Anderson said...

ha ha ha, your post made me laugh! Your cakes look... well... they still look edible! =) I know Doug wouldn't of thought twice about eating them if you offered them to him. Glad you guys are having a fun summer in utah! We are DYING in the heat here. It was 102 degrees STILL AT 6PM LAST NIGHT!!

lramey said...

dude- you're hilarious! I love your beautiful cakes- guaranteed you could sell them somewhere "artsy" for the looks and the taste= delectable!!!!

We should have a cookie cutter party! I have a huge box too- love them! Let's get together at your house-cuz you have a real life counter- and make cookies!!!!!

love you!

oh- Summer's off treats too, and I am only eating them on Sunday's-so as Troy and Gabriella like to sing- "we're all in this together!"

Kira Jay said...

I love summer's in Utah too! I'm jealous! It is way too hot here in Alabama! I love your cake decorating skills by the way ;)

Jeni said...

You are such a cute mom, and hey, if you're serious about Pampered Chef, let me know...(hahaha!!) Seriously, I"m having a great time with it. We miss you here! I'm having a couples dinner for Thad and Rozlynn and we were wishing you guys were still here.

April-Benjamin said...

I'm w/ you on the sweets. LOVE your kitchen! I've always wanted white cabinets- wood floor- awesome!How's your no-sweet quest gone? I really ought to try that too :) Happy Birthday tomorrow- I hope your little package gets there.
-April

Ange said...

Hey Jesse! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, I need to add you to mine! It looks like you are always doing fun stuff with your boys! Too Cute!!

Dayna said...

where did you get that bucket of cookie cutters? They look so fun, I know my boys would love to make a mess with them also. Let me know where you got them!

Greg and Lisa said...

Hi Guys,
I agree, I love your white cabinets and hardwood floors and you are a way cute mom! Honestly I would be happy whenever you guys want to get together. Just give a date that works for you! Hope it's soon! Lisa

JesseAnn said...

Dayna, I got the bucket at Bed Bath & Beyond for 10.00. Hey I was thinking it would be fun to have a little clogging reunion and get together and see everyone who could come. I have been wanting to to see you Bethany and Kristi lots-cause I always look at your blogs :)