Saturday, August 2, 2008

Hunny, did you remember it was my birthday today?

I feel like I could have wrote at least 5 different posts this last week...but no time... PLUS... I seriously dropped the ball and didn't come through on the camera tip at ALL! So... I am going to do a little writing... about my 25th birthday, since I have no pictures to savor the moments. Yes, I am a quarter of a century old... and boy did I NOT want it to come. I was really scared, I felt like something monumental had to happen, or something had to change in me, but I guess nothing did.... unfortunately. It just seems so weird. But my birthday DID come and before I knew it, it left, and I was still here the same as before.
So, Dave, my husband, went to Law school and had to take the bar. For the Past 90 days "The BAR" has RULED not only Dave's life, but mine, because I was an almost single mother with my two children. So, we had been talking for the past 90 days (at least I thought we had been talking- Well, now that I think of it, I guess I had been the one talking) about how the BAR was on MY BIRTHDAY! YEAH- July 29th (Tuesday-my birthday) and Wednesday the 30th ---- Dave would be testing all day. Wonderful!
The weekend before Dave said, lets celebrate your birthday on Thursday- and it sounded fine to me.
Tuesday came, I got up made Dave a nice egg breakfast- and he was off. (Very nervous) He called around 7:00 pm and said he was done. "Yeah honey! How do you feel?" "Crazy, I think I want to do something like go play basket ball tonight to help my brain recover for tomorrow" "Okay great, well I am at Rumbi with my family..... (waiting- only silence) hmmm.... well do you want me to bring you home something?" "No, thats okay" More conversation goes on just like this as he discusses church ball etc. I come home we cross paths a few times with kids... "How do you think you did on the test?" More conversation just like such. (Dave discusses how he feels good about the test) - Then Dave walks out to my car to grab something, (while outside he sees my birthday presents from my family) comes inside and CASUALLY says Happy Birthday! Oh gees thanks for remembering hun!
How could you not remember?
"So, Dave did you really REALLY forget it was my birthday today, after weeks of discussing how the BAR was on my birthday??????"
Dave confesses, "Yeah I guess I just spaced it, I was wondering why you went swimming with your family and you were at Rumbi together this evening. I don't know how I didn't remember"
"Nice Hun"


Now I don't know who, if anyone. is reading this, or who will be reading this, BUT just cause we were celebrating my birthday on Thursday I honestly thought he would at least remember my b-day (And only to girls- but never mind a card, a note etc) When he left in the morning with our saying it, I thought, well, give him a break he has got A LOT on his mind. Which he did! But after the whole drive home from Salt Lake and eating dinner until I got home... and having to see presents in my car.... I don't know about that. Maybe its me, or maybe I'm just being silly! But come on now, where is the respect for me being alive 25 years? hehe

But in all honesty, after the whole day was said and done I had a GREAT birthday! After Dave left to take the test, my sister Jena surprised me at my door with Kneaders french toast! Oh wow, it was to dye for. I hoarded it. But before I hoarded we dropped Collin off at playgroup and went running for 45 minutes, then we went and got glitter gel toes! It was soooo much fun! I LOVE my toes! Later that afternoon I went swimming with my boys and my mom and my little brother Coleson. I was really fun and my mom even watched my kids while I swam some laps. I was trying to work off all the french toast. After swimming we met my dad, Sammy and Jena at Rumbi for a bite to eat and presents. Thank you so much for the gifts! I love you guys soooo much! I went home-reminded Dave it was my birthday (by the way-he ended up not leaving to play ball that night) and my mom and brother came over and surprised me with the BEST chocolate cake from Costco. Ummm mmm.... They sang and I made a wish :)
Then Dave and I went on a walk while my mom watched my sleeping kids. We played outside a while and went in for the night. It really was a fun day, thanks to everyone who called and emailed me too! It felt so good to be remembered! I love all my friends and family and I am so grateful you are all a part of my life.
The next day DAVE tested ALL day again,...
Here are some pictures of us waiting for Dave to finish the test.... the day kept going on and on... We discovered we all had cowboy hats, so we decided to try and get pictures of ourselves (me and Collin and Casen) Yeah you can tell we had lots of waiting time- with too much to do around the house and NO motivation to do it.

And... the kids art work...
And when evening FINALLY came we were able to go out with our friends from Law school.
Heidi and Thomas now live in Kansas City, MS where Thomas is a Lawyer and Heidi is a really funny, fun, cute, athletic and smart MOM! Jared and Cassie live in Salt Lake, wher Jared is a Lawyer and Cassie is a very cute, sweet, hardworking, athletic fun MOM! Thanks to both of these families I had some great friends while I was in ALabama. It was so good to see them! This is a picture of us... (I actually happened to bring my camera here) Love you guys!


Thursday night Dave took me on a shopping spree to the mall for my birthday! It was great. Thank you so much Babata and Ken for watching Collin and Casen. You guys are great! It was nice to shop with out the little ones ! Thanks hun, love you! Great job on taking the BAR! I am sure you did awesome!

p.s. We won't find out if Dave passes for 8-10 weeks. So, if you hear from us, that will be great! If you don't... don't bother and ask, it won't be a good thing.

6 comments:

Shannon & Summer said...

That is so funny! Maybe not so much for you though. Just think - that story will be a classic for years to come!
Happy Birthday by the way! I hope you had a good time with your family!
I wish we could have come to dinner last night too! You will have to do it again sometime!

Durrant Family said...

Laura was born on April 15. On our third anniversary April 23 we were sitting on the couch looking at our new little baby and I said, "Is today our anniversary?" We figured out it was so we said, "Happy Anniversary" and that was it. :) I can at least tell you what we did that anniversary. The others are a blur. So this is one birthday you or Dave won't forget. HEE HEE

Durrant Family said...

Laura was born on April 15. On our third anniversary April 23 we were sitting on the couch looking at our new little baby and I said, "Is today our anniversary?" We figured out it was so we said, "Happy Anniversary" and that was it. :) I can at least tell you what we did that anniversary. The others are a blur. So this is one birthday you or Dave won't forget. HEE HEE

Hanna said...

I would cry if Cody ever forgot my birthday---I'm not sure thats possible though, I remind him daily for atleast 3 months (sometimes longer). I believe I may be obsessed.

Jessica Anderson said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your birthday is on our Wedding Anniversary! 25.. DAng your old.. NOT! Your just as cute looking as ever. That's funny and sad at the same time that he forgot your birthday. At least you had your friends and family there to make up for it! Oh and by the way... Kansas City is in MO. (Missouri) not MS (mississippi). =)

We'll be in Utah the 2nd week of Sept because Doug has some interviews at some law firms downtown! We're so excited to go back after a year! Maybe we can get together if it's not to crazy with all his family trying to spend time with us.

Thad said...

I can't believe Dave forgot your birthday. Just kidding. It happens. See ya'll next month!
thadforester.com