Sunday, December 23, 2007

Law School Grad!





I can't believe Dave graduated actually.... for so long we have been in this "when we graduate" stage of life. Which is actually him graduating, but me also graduating from living in the school stages of life. Anyways.... I was thinking, so much has changed since we came to Law School. When we moved here we had NO kids, now we are leaving with 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are a full blown family. When we came here, I hated it, and now I actually like it. When we came here, we thought Dave would be a lawyer, now we are leaving thinking he won't. :) When we moved here, I thought Utah was the only good spot to live, and now I want to live other places, cause I realized there are cool different things about lots of places. When we came here, we hadn't ever been required to serve that much in church, and now we are leaving knowing what its like to serve all the time! When we came here, we had money, and now we are leaving without money.... :) When we came here, I didn't want to make new friends cause I missed my old friends and family so much, and now I want to make friends everywhere cause I realized its so neat to have friends all over and all different types with all different interests. I have learned so much from friends here. When we moved here I felt so young, now I am leaving feeling so old. I feel like I could go on and on about how different my (and probably Daves) life is sense we moved here to now. But I guess I won't... its just crazy what can happen in 2 1/2 years! Now we are moving back to Utah this January. I am so excited to live close to my family again!!!! I will miss lots of friends out here, but am so glad that I was able to have them as part of my life.

6 comments:

lramey said...

crazy how fast time flies! I feel like it was just yesterday that we were at Ottavio's for your farewell dinner! now, you're moving back in less than a month!!! WAHOO!!!! I can't wait to see Casen! And Collin's so big- he and Conli can really play!!!! CONGRATULATIONS TO DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayna said...

Jesse- I need to email you some not so good news about Maryn Porter, do you remember her? Can I have your email? Mine is daynablauer@hotmail.com if you want to just email your email to me. Thanks.

Shannon & Summer said...

Congrats to Dave! What an accomplishment! I am happy to have you guys come back to Utah though! We will need to do some play groups and things!! I bet you will always have awesome memories of your experience there!

Caroline said...

Congratulations!
We sure will miss y'all in Tuscaloosa!

Suman Family said...

Congrats Dave! This is Laura from Prosper. I came across your blog from Emily Bennett's blog. So fun. I am happy to see your cute little family and that Dave is done with school. Good luck in your adventures back to Utah. We love life in California but always miss our friends in Utah too! Take care.

The Hille's said...

Congrats on graduation! We will be in that boat soon! I have a lot of those same feelings you expressed in your blog. Living away from Utah has been a great and growing experience.
We hope to see you guys soon!
Luv tonz
Tara
p.s. your boys are soooooo adorable!