Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hodge Podge

So, I am officially naming this post the hodge podge because of its randomness. But, its what we have been up to. The Pleasant Grove canyon is beautiful! It is seriously 5 minutes from our house and we have never hiked up it. Its small Canyon - no cars can drive up, and its a beautiful river and water fall that you walk right beside on a small trail. The boys had more fun going up that canyon than anything we have done in a long time. It was seriously therapeutic to be up there. My mom and I hiked it last week for some good therapy ourselves. Afterwards we went over to some friends - the Rameys- and watched an outside movie on a big projector. It was a blast!!!! Collin ran around with the kids until the movie started and then he was in a trance, with his food, popcorn and candy!. Amazingly, Casen was great! He ate food and just played on our big blanket. It started to get a little cold and Casen wrapped up in a blanket on Dave's lap and fell asleep. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera. Thanks so much for having us over Lisa!


Collin at his best- dancing like usual.

First we went to an Owls game as a family with the Sonnenbergs. It was really really fun and couldn't have been better weather. We sat on the lawn instead of the seats and it was great. Collin and Maya spent a good deal of time on the big park right behind us. The baseball players(2 of them) talked to me and I was pretty excited about it. I felt all special. I am lame, I know! I have a thing for baseball players!



Earlier that morning we went to the Animal Farm at Thanksgiving Point with Maya too. The little kids has a blast.
I made homemade Kool Aid play dough, and it rocked! It was blue rasberry, and it is seriously the softest play dough I have seen. Some of the moms in the ward take turns having preschool at our houses, so it was our turn and I let all the kids help stir it on the floor and they each took a big chunk home. It turned out to be a hit! And the picture below is Casen at his cutest! He is such a doll.
Grandma Mink gave let Collin pick out a birthday present at the Disney Store and Collin picked a POWER RANGER backpack! He has never even seen power rangers!!!! But he loves anything with fire and helmets or people who like like they fight... so here is is showing it off! It is his prize possession right now! (And yes it is like twice the size of him)
I met up with lots of my high school friends for dinner. We took tons of pictures just for fun, caught up, laughed and talked about what everyone was doing 7 years after high school-- Kinda crazy! The next day Emily (she couldn't get a sitter for the dinner) and Tara came over to my house with their little boys. It was the first time we got together with all our boys. It was pretty cool to see them together. Love you all!

So then, our family was over at my parents house and they had a big box of pears on the floor. We turned around to see Casen eating a pear of his own. That night he ended up eating 4 different pears, only half of each. It was nuts- he was seriously obsessed. Plus baby Case is now walking ALL around! He refuses to crawl! The weather has been amazing and we are trying to spend some of our free time enjoying it. Collin is the scooter man and Case is the red car man.


And to all my Alabama friends - you might be jealous- This month we were also able to go and see Meghan and Damons new little baby boy SETH! CONGATULATUONS Meghan and Damon! Seth is so adorable and I love all his dark think hair. It was great to be at your baby blessing and see you again! Meghan has a lot on her plate with Damon leaving, we hope everything goes well for you! (so sad I didn't get any pictures- what were we thinking?)

2 comments:

lramey said...

hey poster!! way to make me feel like i'm not the only one to post monster posts- besides summer---cute wedding- glad you had fun!

we should go hiking up there some time- that'd be fun!

Collin dancing- that's hilariously cute! I love it!!!!

Oh, I need to get me to an owlz game. Max would be in heaven!!!!your boys are sooo cute! I love Collin's cool shades- and his mighty big pack back!!!!!

cute that all your HS friends have blonde hair- minus one- does she feel left out????

loe you guys!!!!

Caroline said...

WOW! Lots and Lots of fun! Thanks for sharing!
Yeah-I am picking up a Circuit class at the gym once a week. We meet in the women's room and rotate between machines and cardio. Then some stretching and abs. I would love any suggestions on some fun cardio and abs stuff we could do.