Thursday, September 25, 2008

Our Venture to Ventura

Last week our family went to the beach in Ventura California. We were lucky enough to get to take my little brother Coleson. He was so much fun and the little boys loved playing with him. We met Dave's sister and her family their and Dave's aunt Babata and her family. We stayed on the beach all week long. It couldn't have been any better. Dave spent lots of time kayaking and boogie boarding. I spent time surfing, boogie boarding, a little kayaking, and playing in the sand. Collin loved playing in the sand pile we made and running into the waves. Casen seriously loved following the seagulls into the water over and over again while he pointed his finger and chirped. Oh, so cute! We arrived really late at night to the beach house, with all the boys sleeping. When we woke up in the morning the first thing they did was head out side to the beach. They started getting all their pajamas wet, so I had to strip them down. All of the cousins had a great time together.



And the cute blond babes... Casen and Joshua.Maya, Collin and Tyler



Coleson and I got our surf on! :)
At night before the sun went down and the tide came up we would take walks on the beach. Then we would layout on the deck under the stars with blankets. It was seriously one of the best parts.
Our beach house.

April, Babata and I.
At a certain time in the after noon the tide would go down and Uncle Benjamen showed the kids how to find all the creatures in the rocks. The kids loved it. They held crabs, starfish and octopus.
Collin freaked out over the octpus suctioning his hand. Too funny.
My cute bro Coleson.
This is the warm bath water pool for the babies to play in. Casen and Jacob throughly enjoyed it.
"Mommy watch this Big jump!"

These are the hard core kyakers, and while they were out they happened to run across a group of dolphins. So they just chilled out there for ever watching them swim around. They said there were swimming around from about 10ft to 20 feet away. Pretty neat. Just thinking about it... there is Dave and Coleson on this little Kyak next to all these dolphins... and no life jacket for Dave. Has any one ever seen "When dolphins attack?" Pretty scary.
Yeah.... we tried to get one family photo... and honestly this was the best we could do!

After the trip we visited Grandma Willis for her 87th birthday party in Redlands, and "mama Mink" was there! We love you mama! We loved spending time with our favorite cousins, the Fillmores and thanks again for inviting us! We love you too!

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh wow! That looks like so much fun! I love your attempt at the family picture. That looks like most of our picyures.
It is neat to see pictures of other beaches-that one looks so different than our's. Love the walks on the beach with the strollers!

heidi said...

that last family picture needs to go on your christmas card. i LOVE it!

The Hille's said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Way jealous! I love the beach and the sun.

Ashlee said...

You guys should just move out her to California. It seems like you sure love the beach! :) I am such a baby but that part of your post with the sea creatures really freaked me out...I don't know if I will ever go into the water again!Ewwww I am so afraid of what lives in the ocean . I have lived here for 3 years and I have only swam out into the water once...and that was only because it was the hottest day of the year and I was pregnant and hot!

Shannon & Summer said...

awesome pictures! I love all of them! That looks like so much fun! I am so happy you two were able to finally feel a little better and still get to go!

Katy said...

Jesse lived in Oceanside until he was 3 and has some distant memories of picking up starfish anad stuff off the beach, too. That place looks really cool!

Heidi said...

Hey girl! I saw you at pilates last week! You look so good. I was going to stop and say hi but had to get my kids at daycare. How are you doing?

jena marie said...

thankes for every thinng Mink family.

from Coleson

Sara said...

That looks like so much fun. Thanks for the comment the other day...it's nice to know that my 3 year old isn't the only terror. They are so alike...it's crazy. Too bad we don't live close, they could wrestle all day and love it!

Greg and Lisa said...

Your California trip looked so fun! I am ready for a trip like that. Your boys are super cute and seem to change in every picture. You guys have a really cute little family! Lisa